A new reprogrammed version of NetWorker that changes the way how backup works!
If you think you are mastering NetWorker, well it is time to educate your self on this release, because the change is big.
The EMC NetWorker 9.0 release provides significant functional enhancements, including support for the following:
- A new method for protecting data in your environment – the creation of policies, which you can perform from the Protection window in NMC or by using the nsrpolicy command.
- Changes to the NetWorker Management Console and the NetWorker Administration window, with the addition of three new windows (Protection, Server, and Hosts) to manage the contents previously found in the no longer used Configuration window.
- A new authentication and authorization model, the Authentication Service, designed to improve NetWorker security by using token-based authentication and single sign on (SSO) support.
- The EMC Licensing Solution, which uses a license file on the License server and the NetWorker server to determine which products you purchased a license for, and how much storage space to request for each datazone in the environment.
- Media database and NMC database changes.
- Block based backups on Linux platforms.
- Changes to the handling of parallel save streams (PSS), including aggregated save set backup and stream reclaiming to dynamically increase the number of activated streams for already running save set backups.
To get a list of the new features and changes in this release, please read “NetWorker 9.0 Release Notes” file.
If you need a specific OS binary of this release, then make contact with EMC Technical support, and they will for sure give you the right thing you need.
These packages are also available at: https://support.emc.com/downloads/1095_NetWorker
After downloading the necessary binary, make sure it is the good build!