Finally it is officially on the Powerlink, you can start enjoying the new functionalities and integration between the software and hardware of the new NetWorker solution.
Here is a summary over the new features and changes in this release:
- “Integration of Data Domain features and services in NetWorker”.
- “Support for HomeBase Agent version 6.4”.
- “AFTD changes to load balancing, device target session values, and intelligent space management”.
- “Device block size for read and write operations”.
- “Source Capacity licensing model”.
- “Licensing information now provided in NetWorker Licensing Guide”.
- “Java Runtime Environments (JRE) version 1.6 and later are supported”.
- “Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 support”.
- “Cluster Shared Volumes (CSV) with Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2”.
- “New VSS writers for Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7”.
- “Backup and recovery of BOOT/BCD Data on Windows 2008 R2 and Windows 7”.
- “Backup and offline recovery using Windows Server Backup with NetWorker”.
- “Notifications for Device Ordering/Serial number mismatch issues”.
- “Checkpoint restart backups”.
- “Setting up a schedule clone operation”.
- “New environment variable NSR_SOCK_BUF_SIZE to adjust TCP window size”.
- “Mac OS X installation changes”.
- “NMM backup types added for NMC reports”.
- “Scanner command affected due to automatic unloading of volumes that have been placed in a jukebox but have never been mounted”.
Get to know more about these features and services in the NetWorker 7.6 SP1 Release Notes from the EMC Powerlink.
Get the complete NetWorker 7.6 SP1 Documentation Portfolio Now!