In 2011, you will see EMC begin to use a new release process for new versions of NetWorker
Software will be released under Restricted Availability. Restricted Availability (RA)
releases are fully-tested and production-ready, however, software and documentation are
made available through an alternate process that lets EMC track adoption to ensure the early
roll out meets customer expectations. After initial monitoring of progress and success in the
marketplace, the software and documentation will be deemed Generally Available (GA) and
moved in total to EMC Powerlink.
The NetWorker Module for Microsoft 2.3 release is focused on Microsoft OS, application and
feature enhancements. The enhancements in this release include the following:
• Windows Server 2008 R2 OS support for Exchange, SharePoint, SQL and Hyper-V.
• Support for NetWorker Dedicated Storage Nodes.*
• Exchange Server 2010 support.
• SharePoint Server 2010 support.**
• Data Domain support.**
* Requires NetWorker Server 7.5.3 or 7.6SP1 or later.
** Requires NetWorker Server 7.6SP1 or later.
NetWorker Module for Microsoft 2.3 Restricted Availability Program
To participate in the NetWorker Module for Microsoft (NMM) v2.3 restricted availability
program, please complete the following steps:
1. Sign-up for the NetWorker Module for Microsoft (NMM) v2.3 Restricted Availability Program on
EMC Feedback Central using this link
• Create an account at feedbackcentral.emc.com (if you don’t have one)
2. Complete the NetWorker Module for Microsoft (NMM) v2.3 Site Survey online at Feedback
We will respond within 48 hours with instructions on how to obtain NetWorker Module for
Microsoft 2.3 Restricted Availability software and documentation.