Yes it is officially released after a long (winter) wait!
It is release 220.127.116.11, Build 280 for NetWorker.
It is release 18.104.22.168, Build 280 for NMM.
I’m not going again through it’s features and changes, but here is a quick summary:
The NetWorker 8.1 SP1 software contains the following new features and enhancements.
More detailed information on these features is provided in the “EMC NetWorker Administration Guide”:
- Restarting a failed save set.
- Increased server parallelism and IOPS values.
- New formula for determining the size of indexing space (client file index).
- Block-based backup support enhancements.
- VMware actions added in NMC to automate checkpoint backups for disaster recovery.
- Option added in NMC to validate Client resources for NetWorker Snapshot Management backups.
- Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 support.
- Recover NDMP backups using the NMC Recovery wizard.
- Checkpoint restart support for Isilon filers.
- vSphere 5.5 supported in NetWorker 8.1 SP1.
- Setting synth_full backup level for a group not supported in NetWorker 8.1 SP1.
If you need a specific OS binary of this release, then make contact with EMC Technical support, and they will for sure give you the right thing you need.
NetWorker packages are available at: https://support.emc.com/downloads/1095_NetWorker
NMM packages are available at: https://support.emc.com/downloads/1136_NetWorker-Module-for-Microsoft
After downloading the necessary binary, make sure it is the good build!