Backup and Recovery Manager provides enterprise management capabilities, defined as monitoring and reporting on day
to day activities.
The Backup and Recovery Manager is delivered as a VMware Application (vAPP) and will present a dashboard
showing the status of backup jobs and resources, so that a backup administrator has a single pane of glass to look at
to know that backups are running successfully, that they are not running low on resources, and to aide in recovery planning
if they are not.
The major features in this release include the following:
- Real-time monitoring of Alerts, Activities, Events and Systems
- Monitoring of significant events Activities and Alerts that require attention and potential intervention
- Monitoring of backup and replication jobs
- Monitoring of Systems including all of the Avamar servers, NetWorker servers and Data Domain appliances defined
- The Systems page also allows the user to view capacity and usage, version, model and status for all systems.
- Basic Backup Systems Configuration and Summary reporting
- Systems Summaries, Capacity and Usage, System Change Rate and Client Change Rate
- Reporting on Avamar and NetWorker configuration objects
- As with the Avamar Enterprise Manager, Backup & Recovery Manager provides the ability to configure basic Avamar replication
Here is the link where you can download the first release of this great tool (ver.: 1.0.0-179)!