Release Highlights- NetWorker 9.2
NetWorker 9.2 provides functional enhancements, feature changes and changes in behaviour:
- CloudBoost 2.2 Support, extending onsite data protection to the cloud with multiple solutions including
Amazon EC2 and S3, Microsoft Azure and Azure Blob Storage, and client direct backup to cloud on Windows
and Linux 64-bit platforms.
- Microsoft VM App Agent for SQL Server Application-Consistent Protection
The Microsoft Virtual Machine Application Agent (MSVMAPPAGENT) is a new component of the vProxy data
protection solution that is bundled with the vProxy appliance OVA for NetWorker 9.2. MSVMAPPAGENT is
automatically deployed by the vProxy during a virtual machine application-consistent backup and, if required,
when restoring Microsoft SQL databases and SQL instances to running virtual machines. After installation, the
MSVMAPPAGENT package appears in the Windows installer Add-Remove programs list.
- The Data Domain Retention Lock (DD Retention Lock) Feature within NetWorker allows you to efficiently
manage and store different types of data backed up by NetWorker to a single Data Domain system by
securely locking the data on that system, preventing accidental deletion of save sets.
- NetWorker 9.2 Supports Backup Direct to Data Domain Virtual Edition (DDVE), allowing you to deploy
DDVE in Amazon Web Services (AWS) for Windows and Linux instances.
- Filtering Capabilities Within NMC:
Filters can now be used to search and view details about NetWorker server resources, recover configurations,
devices, media, and hosts. Search fields and list boxes display on all NMC windows with filtering capability.
For more information see the NetWorker 9.2 Release Notes.
- Change in Cloning Behavior for Recyclable Save Sets
NetWorker cloning operations now skip save sets that are marked as recyclable or eligible for recycling.
CloudBoost 2.2 also released with NetWorker 9.2. See the CloudBoost 2.2 Release Notes and NetWorker 9.2 for CloudBoost 2.2 Integration Guide for information about CloudBoost 2.2.
For additional information about NetWorker 9.2, see the NetWorker 9.2 Release Notes Portfolio, NetWorker 9.2 Updating from a Previous Release Guide and NetWorker 9.2 VMware Integration Guide.
NetWorker 22.214.171.124 Build 85 was released on August 30, 2017 and is the recommended version of NetWorker 9.2.
All previous versions should be replaced with NW 126.96.36.199 Build 85 or later.
NetWorker 9.2 provides new features and improvements for Virtualization, Application, Cloud support, and Cloning over previous NetWorker 9.x versions. See NetWorker 9.2 Release materials for more information.
As NetWorker 9.x is significantly different from NetWorker versions prior to 9.x, Dell EMC highly recommends that customers take advantage of Upgrade services (either custom or one of the standard offerings) provided by Dell EMC Professional Services and Dell EMC Partners.
Customers who have been successful with installing, upgrading, and configuring NetWorker 9.x have engaged Dell EMC Professional Services and used the available free training. If unprepared, you might encounter issues including backup failures during and after upgrading from earlier NetWorker releases.
The procedure to install and uninstall the NetWorker software differs based on the OS platform that is
used on the NetWorker host. The NetWorker SolVe Desktop provides step-by-step guidelines on how to
install and uninstall the NetWorker server software on different OS platforms.
Install/de-install procedures for NetWorker and NVE are all available at:
NetWorker can be found in the NetWorker 9.2 Installation Guide
NetWorker Virtual Edition (NVE) can be found in the NetWorker 9.2 Virtual Edition Deployment Guide
You must have a valid service agreement to use this site.
Dell EMC offers the following software downloads:
- NetWorker 188.8.131.52 for Linux x64 and x86 (Client, Server and Storage Node) : August 30, 2017 | 1.07 GB
- NetWorker 184.108.40.206 for Windows x64 (Client, Server and Storage Node) : August 30, 2017 | 820 MB
- NetWorker 220.127.116.11 for Windows x86 (Client) : August 30, 2017 | 215 MB
- NetWorker 18.104.22.168 vProxy OVA (Linux SLES12 SP1 64bit. NetWorker vProxy virtual appliance): August 30, 2017 | 1.03 GB
- NetWorker 22.214.171.124 Virtual Edition OVA (Linux SLES11 SP3 (64-bit)) : August 30, 2017 | 2.48 GB
NetWorker Virtual Edition (NVE) is a NetWorker server that runs as a virtual machine in a VMware environment.
- Check for other OS platforms releases at : https://support.emc.com/downloads/1095_NetWorker